From surfing lessons and sunset cruises, to training dolphins and learning about space…Meagan and her two teens, Clara and Owen, packed in so many unforgettable experiences during their Spring Break trip to Florida! In this episode Meagan shares more about her travels with teens to the Space Coast of Florida and St. Augustine/Florida’s Historic Coast, thanks to our sponsor VISIT FLORIDA. And while the activities may look a little bit different with teens vs. big kids and toddlers, find out why Meagan’s best tips and take-aways for traveling with teens aren’t actually that different from when they were toddlers. Enjoy!
About Our Sponsor
Thank you to VISIT FLORIDA for sponsoring this episode and making Meagan’s and Catie’s trips possible.
Choosing where to go on a family vacation is easier than you think. Florida is filled with experiences you and your family will never forget. From 825 miles of beaches and 700 freshwater springs to over 1,300 trails with breathing room to run and play, there are so many reasons a Florida vacation is just, the best.
Start planning YOUR best-ever vacation at VISIT FLORIDA today!
Links We Mentioned (Or Should Have) In This Episode:
- Meagan and her kids enjoyed a nice stay at The Holiday Inn in Titusville, and visited the Cocoa Beach area to enjoy a kayak tour at sunset.
- They visited the Kennedy Space Center and had a waterfront dinner at Shiloh’s restaurant.
- Meagan and her family loved their stay (especially the hot tub!) at The Hampton Inn & Suites St. Augustine/Vilano Beach.
- The Castillo de San Marcos is a must-visit, along with the Fountain of Youth Park.
- In St. Augustine, enjoy a trolley ride on Old Town Trolley Tours and be sure to stop into the Lightner Museum
- Meehan’s Irish Pub and Seafood House, Aunt Kate’s, and Salt Life Food Shack are three great family-friendly restaurant options in and around St. Augustine.
- Enjoy the St. Augustine skyline and dolphin sightings on a sunset cruise with Florida Water Tours.
- Clara and Owen enjoyed surf lessons from Pit Surf Shop on St. Augustine Beach. Then it was off to Marineland for a Dolphin Encounter experience!
- If you have any alligator lovers in your life don’t miss St. Augustine Alligator Farm & Zoological Park.
- Looking for more travel tips? In last week’s episode, Catie Parrish shared details about her family of five’s vacation to Florida with ideas for traveling with younger kids.
MORE HELPFUL LINKS:
- Visit our website
- Check out deals from our partners
- Follow us on Instagram
- Join our private listener group on Facebook (be sure to answer the membership questions!)
- Sign up for our newsletter
Leave a Reply