Imagine you’re a mom of two, successful entrepreneur, and self-confessed Type A personality…and then you find out that you have a chronic condition that will cause you to be in pain and sap your energy–daily–possibly for the rest of your life. How would you react? What would you let go of? And how would you re-adjust expectations of yourself and the world around you in order to continue to thrive in your new reality?
That’s the journey that today’s guest, Amy Clark, faced. The founder of MomAdvice.com, Amy is a 16-year veteran of digital publishing, and for years really seemed to Do All The Things. Two and a half years ago, she was diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, a chronic condition that affects the connective tissue in her body, and everything changed. In this inspiring episode Amy shares how she’s dealt with her diagnosis and her “new normal” and how her condition has forced her to let go of things that don’t really matter and instead focus on her priorities – which include being a “good mom” in a totally different way than she might have once thought.
- Amy’s website momadvice.com
- Amy’s book The Good Life for Less: Giving Your Family Great Meals, Good Times, and a Happy Home on a Budget
- Read about Amy’s diagnosis story
- Information about the pain relieving medical device Amy referenced
- How to host or join a reading retreat
MORE HELPFUL LINKS:
- Visit our website
- Check out deals from our partners
- Follow us on Instagram
- Join our private listener group on Facebook (be sure to answer the membership questions!)
- Sign up for our newsletter
Leave a Reply