Meagan’s first baby shower was – wait for it – twenty-five years ago this summer. To bring her up to speed on how things are done nowadays and what’s new in baby gear, gifting, and registries, Meagan is joined by Kia and Katherine from our contributor team. Both are seasoned moms who have seen trends evolve, and both have had babies much (much) more recently. Join us as we talk about the pros and cons to today’s baby product landscape, what’s changed and what hasn’t, and what we’d do differently when registering for our very first baby shower. Kia and Katherine also share their must-have product recommendations and registry favorites while Meagan puts it all into context for us. Enjoy!
About Our Sponsors
KiwiCo delivers monthly science and art projects that celebrate kids’ natural curiosity. With KiwiCo, kids get to explore different topics each month, from rainbows to rocket ships and everything in between!
Get 50% off your first month plus FREE shipping on ANY crate line with code THEMOMHOUR at kiwico.com.
Links We Mentioned (Or Should Have) In This Episode
- Read How To Make The Most Out Of Your Baby Registry by contributor Sarah Limberg
- Kia and Katherine both mentioned Babylist as a go-to registry site
- Kia also loves Spearmint Love Boutique
- The Snoo was discussed (as was the age-old conversation around automated baby-soothing)
- Meagan was blown away hearing about the Haakaa pump
- There was much talk about the utility of various slings and babywearing carriers; while the choices are overwhelming the choice is personal, Kia is currently loving the Ergo 360