What happens when your kids are all in school, or the overwhelmingly in-your-face years of early motherhood are behind you? Have you thought about what kind of creative hobbies you’ll return to, what your career will look like, or what that available time will mean for your “non-mom self”?
In Episode 11 Meagan shares her perspective as a mom on the other side of the trenches (while Sarah asks questions and listens from her place still in them). We talk about the shift that happens when kids get older and need us a little less – how it’s both liberating and also a little sad and scary – and about the obstacles some women face as they navigate these “beyond baby” years.
Here are some links we mentioned in Episode 11:
- Episode 6, where we talk about how to know if you’re “done” having babies
- Several posts from The Happiest Home
- All the details about the BEYOND retreat are right here
- Meagan’s Beyond Baby book (by no means a prerequisite for the retreat, but written around a similar theme) can be purchased from this page
- If you have questions or thoughts about reconnecting with your non-mom-self (either through a retreat like this one or just in general), please email us! We want to hear from you.
And finally, if you’d like to join Meagan for BEYOND, use the button below to register and you’ll save $50!
We’re thrilled to have the Museum of Science and Industry’s Summer Brain Games program as our sponsor for this episode! Summer Brain Games is a FREE 8-week program that will keep your kids thinking and engaged this summer break, and if you register now, you’ll also receive one Free Museum Entry voucher to the Museum of Science and Industry! Register FREE today!