If one more game of Candy Land or Monopoly threatens to send you over sanity’s edge, this is the podcast episode for you. In Episode 112 of The Mom Hour, Meagan and Sarah offer practical tips for making game play as a family tolerable–and even fun.
We talk about including little players who can’t quite keep up, modifying games to minimize hurt feelings, and how to help kids win and lose gracefully as they grow. Plus we share our favorite family games and tips for storing and organizing board games in your home. Join us!
- 7 Ways To Survive Playing Board Games With Kids (Meagan’s 2013 blog post)
- Playful Parenting: An Exciting New Approach to Raising Children That Will Help You Nurture Close Connections, Solve Behavior Problems, and Encourage Confidence (Lawrence Cohen)
- Meagan’s new online course: Mothers of Reinvention: Foundations
- Phrase Party! (Catchphrase mobile app, available in Apple’s App Store and Google Play)
- How to leave an iTunes review (our simple guide)
- Episode 110: We Hate Fun, Revisted