Meagan and Sarah both enjoy wine and cocktails, but coincidentally we both scaled back our drinking recently and have observations to share. We’re also wary of the pervasive “mommy needs a drink” trope and the way meme culture in general aims for cheap laughs with potentially harmful side-effects. Today’s episode gets into the gray area between carefree happy hour and full-blown addiction, and we talk honestly about the places alcohol and motherhood overlap.
Prep Dish is a healthy subscription-based meal planning service designed to help you shop once, prep once, and enjoy wholesome, delicious meals that come together in minutes all week long. Sign up at PrepDish.com/themomhour to get your first 2 weeks FREE.
Sponsor Spotlight: Canvas People
How’s the holiday gift planning coming, mamas? Now you can give those hard-to-buy-for people on your list a beautiful piece of art with Canvas People. Get a 11×14 Canvas People print for FREE (you just pay shipping and handling) when you text MOMHOUR to 484848.
Sponsor Spotlight: FabFitFun
FabFitFun is a seasonal subscription box with full-size beauty, fitness, fashion and lifestyle products. Meagan and Sarah shared their excitement about the Winter box, which is shipping now! Boxes retail for $49.99 but always have a value over $200! Use coupon code THEMOMHOUR for $10 off your first box when you order at www.fabfitfun.com.
Links we mentioned (or should have) in Episode 183:
- Sunday’s More Than Mom epsiode
- Aidan Donnelly Rowley and her blog posts on the dry life, her regular Instagram feed (which Sarah loves), her @drybeclub community, and her podcast EDIT
- Parenting With a Buzz: When Does Alcohol as Self-Care Become a Problem? (Kristen Mascia for Parents)
- How Mommy Drinking Culture Has Normalized Alcoholism For Women In America (Sarah Cottrell for Babble)
- #Winemom culture is about SO much more than wine—and we need to talk about it (Emily Glover for Mother.ly)