Once upon a time, Meagan and Sarah were new moms. And we worried – a lot. Years later, we look back at some of the things we could have lightened up about just a tad. (Or a lot.)
Episode 19 is for new moms – and anyone who can remember being one. We talk about agonizing over ounces pumped and hours slept (or not slept), and offer a little perspective from where we are now.
Snapshots from Instagram:
First, though, we caught up about the last few weeks of summer and shared some stories via Instagram! Listen to the episode to hear about Meagan’s fishing trip and Sarah’s secret “edmierer”, and if you’re on IG too, come follow us @meaganfrancis and @powersofmine!
Links we mentioned (or should have!) in Episode 19:
- La Leche League’s breast milk storage guidelines (Kelly Mom also has good ones)
- Rookie Moms, an online resource for new moms that we both love
- Motherhood Around the World series (Joanna Goddard, A Cup of Jo)
- Babies (2010 documentary from Focus Features)
- Some posts we’ve written about new motherhood:
As always, we’d love to hear from you!
Here’s how to connect with us and stay informed:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment on this post
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram – be sure to tag @TheMomHour and use hashtag #TheMomHour in all your social posts about us so we can find them!
- Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes or wherever you like to listen (and while you’re there, leave us a rating or review!)