Routines are powerful. When they’re just right, we feel energized and balanced. When they’re a little off, we feel unsettled. And when they completely fall by the wayside, we sometimes need a complete reset to get back on track (looking at you, back-to-school season). In Episode 20, Meagan and Sarah share their own quirky morning and evening routines. We talk about getting enough sleep, common advice about routines that doesn’t work for us, and how routines shift over time as kids’ needs and schedules change.
- LaCroix water, specifically Meagan’s favorite flavors: apricot, blackberry-cucumber, and cherry-lime
- Music Together, Sarah’s favorite activity for moms and babies or toddlers to do together
- Dear Moms: Sleep Deprivation is Nothing to Brag About (Meagan for The Happiest Home)
- Sarah’s thoughts on early risers (including that handy night-light that changes color at wake-up time)
- Rookie Moms’ genius hack for getting out the door without yelling (which inspired Sarah’s evening lullaby playlist)
MORE HELPFUL LINKS:
- Visit our website
- Check out deals from our partners
- Follow us on Instagram
- Join our private listener group on Facebook (be sure to answer the membership questions!)
- Sign up for our newsletter
Love the talk of routines at home! I am struggling especially at the 3-6pm time of day. I lack energy, the kids want attention and I need to make dinner.
Sarah Powers says
Oof, yeah, that’s a hard time for us too. That’s usually when I get up and get physical to keep my own energy going – so I tackle leftover dishes etc. that have gathered all day. Whenever possible we get outside during that time, weather permitting. And – of course this is one of those pieces of advice always easier to give than follow – if I do a little bit of dinner prep/planning earlier in the day, then it’s not so daunting during that timeframe. Thanks for commenting, Sheena!
Great topic, thank you for covering. I love glimpses into how other moms structure their lives. It took me a little while into being a stay at home mom to figure out that anchors throughout my week were key to my sanity.
Am branching out with my La Croix flavors as well 🙂