It can be as small as trying a new food or as big as starring in the school play; helping our kids feel the thrill of adventure doesn’t have to mean putting them at risk or forcing an indoor-loving kid outside. In Episode 213 Meagan and Sarah talk about why creating a family culture around adventure is important to us AND tackle some of the obstacles to living a life of adventure when you have small children, including nudging anxious kids out of their shells and getting over our own hangups in the process. Join us!
- Listen to our More Than Mom episode on adventure
- Meagan mentioned two movies about stories of adventure that are good to watch with kids; Big Fishand The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
- We mentioned our episodes on helicopter parenting, Episode 194 and Episode 195
- Sarah referenced the book The Gift of Failure by Jessica Lahey (affiliate link)
MORE HELPFUL LINKS:
- Visit our website
- Check out deals from our partners
- Follow us on Instagram
- Join our private listener group on Facebook (be sure to answer the membership questions!)
- Sign up for our newsletter
I am in the same boat…my son is about to turn 6 and I am so excited for all of our soon to be adventures! He is growing so quickly. We have been really great at Service and Creativity as a family value…excited to add some adventure into the mix.