Stressors right now loom large, but sometimes solace comes in the form of lots of little bright spots. Today Meagan and Sarah compare notes on the little things that bring comfort, humor, and moments of happiness when things are intense in the world. From the silly to the slightly-less-silly, Episode 259 is full of ideas for how to notice–or, let’s be honest: purchase–small comforts in a chaotic time. Join us!
This episode was recorded on May 21, 2020.
A NOTE ON EPISODES RELEASED DURING COVID-19: Things change so quickly these days–including recommendations for health and safety, as well as our own thoughts and feelings–so you may hear things that feel a bit dated if you’re catching up on older episodes. Just know that we’re experiencing this in real time just like you, and that we’re working hard to follow the latest recommendations for the safety of our families and our communities. We’re also working hard to bring you timely, relevant podcast episodes in a world that’s changing very quickly.
Sponsor Spotlight: Care.com
Whether you need childcare while you’re at work or want to line up a date night sitter, Care.com can help you find sitters and nannies, PLUS housekeepers, dog walkers, senior care, tutors, errand runners and more. Save 30% off a premium membership by visiting care.com/momhour.
Partner Offer: Jane
Jane.com is a boutique daily deals marketplace featuring the latest in women’s fashion trends, home decor, and children’s clothing. With more than 350-500 deals daily, you can score great finds for yourself while supporting small women-owned businesses. Shop our affiliate link at themomhour.com/jane–-and thanks for helping support the show!
Sponsor Spotlight: Little Passports
Little Passports is a subscription box full of toys and games for kids ages 3 and up. There are subscription options for different ages and interests, with everything from science to world travel. For 15% off your order, use code Use offer code THEMOMHOUR at LittlePassports.com
Links we mentioned (or should have) in Episode 259:
- Listen to our (Very Specific!) Self-Care Strategies For Stressful Seasons episode
- Sarah has been using this cold brew coffee maker (affiliate link)
- Meagan’s mid-90’s country music Spotify playlist
- Some bird feeders we like are this one and this one (affiliate links)
- Our friend Kelsey told us about the Merlin app for bird identification
- Sarah has ordered butterfly larvae kits from InsectLore.com and may do it again this year!
- Meagan likes these Fabletics leggings with pockets
- Check out our new series Pandemic Perspectives, and if you’d like to share your story fill out this form and we’ll be in touch