When you feel the pressure to do, make, or be something this holiday season, pause and ask yourself three questions. Does this TRULY matter to me? Is the PROCESS joyful or meaningful (or is it that others make the product look so easy)? And–a big one–what if I DON’T? In Episode 290 Meagan and Sarah offer gut-checks on some of the biggest pressures moms feel during the holiday season–from magazine-worthy living rooms to the mental load of shopping for (and giving gift ideas to) a large extended family–and offer concrete tips for releasing yourself from expectations of perfection in pursuit of a peaceful season. Join us, friends!
As always, our holiday episodes often make brief mention of magical night visitors. If you have curious ears about, you’ve been warned!
- The “What if I don’t?” question comes from Sarah’s conversation with Whitney Hawthorne in our November Voices episode
- Meagan talked about her interview with Ashley Brown for December’s Voices episode
- Join our special Facebook Community for The Mom Hour Listeners (make sure to answer the questions to be approved!)
- Be sure to check out our blog, where Meagan is doing a 25 day holiday pep talk
- Past episodes that are similar in tone to this one:
- December Intentions For Busy Moms
- Moms Deserve A Magical Holiday, Too