From sharing toys to allowing screens, sleepovers to sibling dynamics, setting some expectations for playdates helps control the chaos (and the tears!). This latest episode in our “House Rules” series is a fascinating peek into how our listeners handle having kids over to play AND sending their kids to friends’ houses. Meagan reminds us there’s only so much moms can control–especially as kids get older, and Sarah shares her personal rule about a certain game that’s NOT allowed to be played in a specific place. Whether your family is just easing into playdates or you need some create some new guidelines, you’ll find some really smart ideas here. Enjoy!
Sponsor Spotlight: Ritual
Ritual is formulated with key nutrients, including Vitamin D3, to help fill gaps in the diet. Ritual is now available for women, men, and teens, scientifically developed to help support different life stages including their bestselling prenatal multivitamin. Get 10% off your first three months at ritual.com/THEMOMHOUR.
Sponsor Spotlight: Bev
Bev is a female-first canned wine brand. They have 5 varietals – rosé, sauv blanc, pinot gris, pinot noir, and a sparkling white. Go to DrinkBev.com/MOMHOUR or use code MOMHOUR at checkout to get 20% off your first purchase plus free shipping.
Sponsor Spotlight: KiwiCo
KiwiCo delivers hands-on science and art projects right to your door, perfect for a rainy day, a cozy fall weekend, or to have something to do together as a family. They have kits for every age from babies through adults! Get 50% off your first month plus FREE shipping on ANY crate line with code THEMOMHOUR at kiwico.com.
Sponsor Spotlight: Hiya Health
Hiya is a daily children’s vitamin that’s stronger, cleaner, and tastier — made from a blend of 12 farm-fresh fruits and vegetables and 15 essential vitamins. For 50% OFF your first order go to hiyahealth.com/MOMHOUR or enter code MOMHOUR at checkout
Links we mentioned (or should have) in this episode:
- Listen to our other episodes in the House Rules series
- Check out these related episodes: Our Kids & Their Friendships and Kids & Friendships with Dr. Eileen Kennedy-Moore
- We recently talked all about How We Host and Being a Gracious Guest
- Check out our Holiday Headquarters for gift guides, holiday-themed activities, and great stories to help inspire you this holiday season!
- Support our community of creative entrepreneurs by shopping the small, mom-owned businesses in our Small Business Boutique