Helping kids navigate friendships and social dynamics is one of the most commonly-requested topics from our listeners. That’s why we’re so thrilled to welcome Dr. Eileen Kennedy-Moore, an author, psychologist, and expert on children’s friendships, to this special episode of The Mom Hour Voices series.
Sarah asks Dr. Eileen about helping kids who feel left out a school, how to handle the emotional ups and downs of elementary school friendships, and why playdates are so much more important than we might think. Dr. Eileen also talks about the new book she co-authored, Growing Friendships: A Kids’ Guide To Making And Keeping Friends, and even answers questions submitted by our listener community. Enjoy!
- Dr. Eileen’s website
- Growing Friendships: A Kids’ Guide to Making and Keeping Friends
- The Growing Friendships blog on Psychology Today
- When Your Child Says, “Nobody Likes Me!” (Growing Friendships blog, Psychology Today)
- Can You Be Too Supportive of Your Child’s Negative Feelings? (Growing Friendships blog, Psychology Today)
- Dr. Friendtastic, Dr. Eileen’s site geared toward kids
MORE HELPFUL LINKS:
- Visit our website
- Check out deals from our partners
- Follow us on Instagram
- Join our private listener group on Facebook (be sure to answer the membership questions!)
- Sign up for our newsletter
Misha Vayner says
Thank you for this episode! I LOVED it. I found it extremely insightful and helpful. I shared it with a few friends that I think will find it very helpful for them.