Helping kids navigate friendships and social dynamics is one of the most commonly-requested topics from our listeners. That’s why we’re so thrilled to welcome Dr. Eileen Kennedy-Moore, an author, psychologist, and expert on children’s friendships, to this special episode of The Mom Hour Voices series.
Sarah asks Dr. Eileen about helping kids who feel left out a school, how to handle the emotional ups and downs of elementary school friendships, and why playdates are so much more important than we might think. Dr. Eileen also talks about the new book she co-authored, Growing Friendships: A Kids’ Guide To Making And Keeping Friends, and even answers questions submitted by our listener community. Enjoy!
The Covered Goods multi-use nursing cover works four different ways to keep you and baby stylishly covered, clean, and comfy wherever you go. We’re drooling over their gorgeous prints and supersoft fabrics, and can’t wait to pick up a few for new baby and shower gifts.
To purchase save 10% on a Covered Goods 4-in-1 cover, head to their website and use promo code THEMOMHOUR!
Links we mentioned (or should have) in this episode:
- Dr. Eileen’s website
- Growing Friendships: A Kids’ Guide to Making and Keeping Friends
- The Growing Friendships blog on Psychology Today
- When Your Child Says, “Nobody Likes Me!” (Growing Friendships blog, Psychology Today)
- Can You Be Too Supportive of Your Child’s Negative Feelings? (Growing Friendships blog, Psychology Today)
- Dr. Friendtastic, Dr. Eileen’s site geared toward kids