From packing and organization to sleep arrangements and laundry, there are a million little things that can make or break a family trip. This latest episode in our travel series is a collection of our community’s best tips and cleverest hacks for traveling with kids of all ages. We cover what to bring, where to put everything (including your people!), efficient strategies, and how to stress less. Sarah talks about moving hotel furniture, and Meagan shares a surprising hideaway to sneak in some alone time. Whether you’re boarding a flight or loading up for a road trip, you’ll discover some brilliant, mom-tested ideas to try here. Enjoy!
About Our Sponsors
Shoott allows you to book 30-minute photo sessions with professional photographers in locations all over the country. It’s completely free to book, and then when you get your photos in just a few days, you only pay for the ones you love.
Book a session at shoott.com with the code THEMOMHOUR and get 15% off any orders of 5 or more photos.
flowkey is an app that listens to you play the keyboard or piano, and gives you real-time feedback as you play. The app has a ton of arrangements at all skill levels, and you can also take step-by-step courses to learn the basics, read sheet music, play chords, and much more.
Go to flowkey.com/THEMOMHOUR to receive 7 days of flowkey Premium for free and 20% off the first year of an annual subscription.
Ritual is formulated with key nutrients, including Vitamin D3, to help fill gaps in the diet. Ritual is now available for women, men, and teens, scientifically developed to help support different life stages including their bestselling prenatal multivitamin.
Get 10% off your first three months at ritual.com/THEMOMHOUR.
Links we mentioned (or should have) in this episode:
- Read all our listeners’ tips in this post from our Facebook community
- Right before the pandemic, we aired this episode: Planning Travel and Family Vacations
- For travel parenting tips, check out our House Rules for Travel & Vacation episode
- Water Wow books are the best!
- Our community loves the ease of scheduling Shipt, Instacart, and other grocery pick-up/delivery services before arrival
- BabyQuip is a popular baby equipment rental service
- Packing cubes can be helpful for staying organized
- Get more tips, how-to guides, and episodes in our Family Travel Hub