Looking back at old photos is a quick way to feel ALL the feels: everything from “I can’t believe they were ever that little” to “What was I thinking with that haircut?” to “Oh riiiiiiiight, that was one exhausting season of life.” Looking back is also a great reminder of the value in documenting everyday life – whether we share it publicly or keep it tucked away for our future selves. In this episode, Meagan and Sarah take a stroll down motherhood memory lane as we look back at one day (May 24) in our motherhood lives over several years. Spoiler Alert—our kids are cute, we’ve had many life changes over the past ten years and Meagan will forever be paranoid about applying sunscreen (sorry Owen!). Enjoy!
About Our Sponsors
AG1 by Athletic Greens is the category-leading superfood product, bringing comprehensive and convenient daily nutrition to every body. The AG1 powder from Athletic Greens is lifestyle-friendly whether you eat keto, paleo, vegan, dairy-free or gluten-free, and contains less than 1 gram of sugar, no GMOs, no nasty chemicals or artificial anything.
Go to athleticgreens.com/momhour for a year’s supply of Vitamin D and five free travel packs with your first purchase of AG1.
Auto Approve is an online service that makes vehicle refinancing easier and faster.
Get your free quote at autoapprove.com/momhour AND when you refinance through Auto Approve, they will send you $100!
Mind & Child’s Parenting 101 course is for parents with kids ages 12 and under and teaches research-based parenting strategies. It was created by Dr. Erin Avirett and Dr. Jordana Mortimer, both child psychologists and best friends for the last 15 years.
Visit mindandchild.com/themomhour to get $20 off the course.
Vionic has the most supportive shoes…ever. Their arch support technology is designed for all-day wear, so that your feet can be comfortable no matter where you are going.
Get free shipping when you use code THEMOMHOUR at vionicshoes.com/themomhour.
Links (And Photos) We Mentioned In This Episode:
- Sarah’s pics:
- 2011: The “mom crouch” (great muscle memory!)
- 2014: Swim lessons (funny blog post about it here!)
- 2015: Violet reading to babies
- 2015: Little League
- 2018: Pair of school project photos
- 2020: Backyard water fight
- Meagan’s pics:
- 2013: Clara, Disneyland/wedding
- 2014: Field day with Will & Owen
- 2015: Sweet, Sweet Owen
- 2018: Clara with flower crown and cat & Clara with the cat’s butt and sunglasses
- 2020: Lovely woods photo at a rustic cabin
- 2021: Lake photo
- Episodes that pair well with this week’s content:
- Throwbacks & TimeHops (Why Looking Back Matters): Episode 217 (another time we did a similar episode!)
- The Muscle Memory of Motherhood: Episode 363
- Oh Hey, It’s May! Episode 365
- More Than Mom: Finding Love After Divorce (Meagan’s Meet-Cute with Eric!)
- Loving this type of episode? Follow us on Instagram for more day-in-the-life style content from Meagan and Sarah (and our contributor team)!
Leave a Reply