There’s no shortage of movies, television, books and music geared toward kids. The tough part is, some of it is pretty terrible, some is just okay, and some is truly fantastic (making us want to be a kid again, quite frankly).
In Episode 46 Meagan and Sarah discuss helping our kids follow their interests into the realms of literature, music, and screen media. We marvel over some of the differences between what’s available today and what we watched as kids, and we share some of our favorite resources for navigating the ever-changing landscape of kids’ media.
>> LISTEN NOW <<
Meagan also shared an update on the Life, Listened podcast network and the launch of a brand new show, LifeWork!
- Listen to LifeWork with Meagan and entrepreneur Dave Krock
- Subscribe in iTunes or leave a review
- Read more about Meagan’s plans for Life, Listened (if you’re a podcaster or would like to be, read this for sure!)
Links we mentioned (or should have) in Episode 46
- Commonsense Media
- Overdrive (mobile app for digital audio and ebook loans from your local library)
- Cool Mom Tech (great reviews of tablet apps and games for kids)
- Some of Sarah’s kids favorite chapter book series (good for read-aloud with a parent or grades 1-3 independent reading)
- Chinaberry (book catalog)
- KidsVuz (kid-generated videos and product reviews)
- Disney Stories playlist on Spotify
- Podcasts Sarah’s kids like: