How do we handle the holiday “gimmies,” when kids claim to NEED everything on their gift list? What’s the best way to cultivate a practice of gratitude (and does it have to involve a craft?)? How can we include kids in meaningful giving during the holidays – and all year round?
These are big questions and we’re taking them on in Episode 76 of The Mom Hour. Join Meagan and Sarah for a thoughtful, no-judgment conversation on raising kids to be thankful (even when they still REALLY want that toy…).
Links we mentioned (or should have) in Episode 76
- How we help curb the ‘I want that!’s during the holidays (Tsh Oxenreider for The Art of Simple)
- 20 Gratitude Activities for Kids (more than half of which do NOT require crafting/making/projects) (Rebecca Eanes for positive-parents.org)
- A Life Like Mine: How Children Live Around the World (DK Children & UNICEF, via Amazon)
- The Opposite of Spoiled: Raising Kids Who Are Grounded, Generous, and Smart About Money (Ron Lieber, via Amazon)
- Playmobil Advent Calendar Playset (via Amazon)