November is National Adoption Awareness month, and for our latest Bonus Interview episode Sarah interviews adoptive mom (and podcaster/writer/teacher) Erica Ladd. Erica shares her family’s foster-to-adoption story, offers encouragement for others going through the process, and has great tips for friends who want to support adoptive families but aren’t sure what to say.
Enjoy the interview!
Resources Erica recommends on adoption and foster care:
- Kristen Howerton at Rage Against the Minivan
- Jen Hatmaker
- @FosterMoms on Instagram
- In On It: What Adoptive Parents Would Like You to Know About Adoption, A Guide for Relatives and Friends
- The Connected Child: Bring hope and healing to your adoptive family
Other links we discussed:
- The Girl Next Door podcast
- Erica’s podcasting partner Kelsey Wharton’s interview on The Mom Hour’s working moms episode
- Erica’s interview with Meagan about the parent-teacher relationship on a 2013 episode of The Home Hour
- Erica’s book, Candid Classroom: What Parents Want To Know and Teachers Want To Tell Them
- @LaddErica on Instagram
Leave a Reply