The postpartum period is many things, but predictable isn’t one of them. In this podcast episode, Meagan and Sarah share the symptoms and experiences after having a baby that surprised them most. We talk about hormonal blues, night sweats (and the less-common chills), afterbirth pains, bleeding, extreme hunger, hair loss and some of the other adjustments our bodies make after pregnancy.
Disclaimer: We’re not medical experts! If you’re concerned about your postpartum health in any way, talk to your provider. You deserve the very best care, and your baby will appreciate a healthy mama.
Links we mentioned (or should have) in Episode 88
- “Nobody told me all my hair would fall out!” (4 postpartum symptoms I wish I’d known about) – Sarah for The Happiest Home
- Comments thread on The Mom Hour Facebook page where our listeners chimed in with even MORE surprising postpartum symptoms
- The Everything Health Guide To Postpartum Care: A Complete Guide to Looking and Feeling Great After Delivery and Beyond – Meagan’s 2007 book about postpartum care
- Podcast episodes that touch on similar topics
- Episode 38: Pregnancy and Birth, in Hindsight
- Episode 42: Parenting Through Hard Times
- Episode 74: Getting Ready for Baby
- Postpartum Progress® – a registered 501c3 nonprofit laser-focused on maternal mental health in three key focus areas: raising awareness, providing peer support for pregnant and new mothers and reducing stigma
Leave a Reply