This episode contains a story of pregnancy loss.
October is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month, and recently we’ve seen online and in celebrity culture a few examples of women talking must more openly about their loss experiences, even sharing very vulnerable photos with the world like Chrissy Teigan did earlier this month. Here at The Mom Hour, we are 100% on board with movements that make moms feel less alone in their experience, so we think it’s really important to continue sharing these stories.
In today’s special bonus episode, Sarah talks with Leeann Dearing about her personal experience with pregnancy loss. Leeann is an actress, entrepreneur and proud homeschool mom, and she’s also co-founder of the funny mom duo and viral video company Leeann & Michelle, whose videos you have probably seen taking over the internet. We’re so grateful to Leeann for her time with us today.
- Leeann’s story about losing baby Marian at 18 weeks, as shared on @leeannandmichelle’s Instagram page
- Chrissy Tiegan’s loss story, also shared on Instagram
- Jaclyn Elizabeth Photography (the photographer friend of Leeann’s who took their hospital photos)
- Dearing Acting Studio
- Leeann & Michelle’s viral videos
- You can see the letter from Joanna Gaines on this page
- Cold Coffee Comedy Crew
- Leeann & Michelle Think They’re Funny (brand new podcast, out NOW!)