At what age are kids ready for team sports? How do kids respond when parents volunteer to coach? (And what about the other parents?) How much is too much and what’s the deal with travel teams? The Mom Hour contributors Jayme and Jennifer share their experience as one-time competitive athletes who now have sporty kids. Listen to find out what they love, what gives them pause, and what they look forward to in the realm of youth sports. Enjoy!
- Follow Jayme Sherrod from The Mom Hour team on Instagram
- Follow Jennifer Carrol from The Mom Hour team on Instagram
- Jennifer wrote the blog post Yes, YOU Can Coach Youth Sports! which inspired this episode.
- Listen to the Stuff, Junk & Things, an episode from the archives featuring Jayme and Jennifer in July 2023.
- Here are more episodes about Sports from the archives:
- Here is the Facebook Community post referenced in this episode about wanting to skip extracurriculars altogether.