New year, new you…or, maybe just a bit of new energy? Every January we are bombarded with content about goal setting, resolutions, simplifying things and planning out our calendar in detail for the entire year. And while some years January finds us ready to dive in head first, other years we need a bit of inspiration before getting our New Year’s juices flowing. In today’s episode, Meagan and Sarah share how we’re using the first weeks of 2023 to reflect on the past and gently start to look toward the future. We share what we are doing, thinking about and consuming to help us set the stage for a great year. Join us!
About Our Sponsors
Prep Dish is a mom-owned business, created by our friend Allison, who is a registered dietician and a chef. When you sign up, every week Allison will send you meal plans, shopping lists, and prep instructions that allow you to prep healthy meals ahead of time for the week.
To get two weeks of meal plans FREE, go to PrepDish.com/themomhour
Links We Mentioned (Or Should Have) In This Episode
- Check out the latest episode of the Mother of Reinvention podcast that’s all about Meagan and Sarah’s personalities and how our personalities impact the way we make plans and see the world. And if you want to listen to the extended conversation, consider joining Meagan’s community for midlife moms, REINVENT!
- For bullet journaling inspiration, Sarah loves Meghan Splawn’s “planner not planner” approach to creating her own notebook spreads, and loves looking at artistic weekly spreads like this one, this one, this one, and this one.
- Sarah was drawing super boring monthly calendar grids until she saw examples like this, this, this, this, and this.
- Meagan plans to work her way through organizing her home throughout the entire year. To hear more about how she plans to tackle her Laundry Room, listen to Episode 398: The Laundry Awards.
- Sarah listened to the audiobook Calm Christmas And A Happy New Year by Beth Kempton that includes a pdf for reflecting on the past year. There’s also a Calm Christmas Podcast if you want to take a listen. Beth’s motivational style is very gentle and cozy.
- Sarah always gets Big Life Journal’s Goal Setting printables for her kids each year – this year they even ASKED for them!