Kassidi wants to become a more confident home cook and asks us where to begin. Natalie needs strategies for easing the long wind-down at bedtime for her co-sleeping toddler. Joy is considering traveling with young kids on her own but wonders what age is best to go for it, what activities to partake in and what to avoid when you’re on a mom-only trip with kids. In Episode 439, Meagan and Sarah take these questions from our community and offer tips and validation. Enjoy!
- Listener Question episodes from the archives
- The Laundry Awards: Episode 398 was mentioned by listener Kassidy
- Cookbooks/Kitchen Books/ Podcasts mentioned (Bookshop.org links are affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if you purchase AND your purchases help support independent booksellers):
- The America’s Test Kitchen Family Cookbook (10th Anniversary Edition)
- Meagan and Sarah share foundational cookbooks they remember from growing up and young adulthood, which have pros and cons for the modern beginner: Joy Of Cooking and Better Homes & Gardens New Cook Book
- Half Baked Harvest
- Melissa D’Arabian cookbook
- Didn’t I just Feed You (Podcast)
- The Lazy Genius Kitchen
- New York Times Cooking
- Meagan mentioned Mom Meltdowns, Oh No! Episode 01, about traveling solo with young kids.