From most embarrassing moments to favorite TV shows to what we learned about ourselves, Meagan and Sarah are taking a (mostly) fun and fluffy look back at 2018 for this More Than Mom episode of The Mom Hour. Join us!
Our Patreon community is growing! Become a patron (that’s a fancy way of saying you support us with a few bucks a month and in return get access to bonus content and exclusive community features) by signing up at patreon.com/themomhour. Can’t wait to see you in our Facebook group just for patrons!
Sponsor Spotlight: Kneipp
Kneipp is a line of plant-based bath, skin care and body care products, made with minimal processing. Meagan loves their bath salts, and the fact that their products don’t contain any preservatives, paraffins, silicones, or mineral oils. For 15% off your first order, go to kneipp.com and use promo code THEMOMEHOUR (in all caps!) at checkout.
Links we mentioned (or should have) in this episode:
- Spanx leggings (affiliate link)
- Meagan’s trash can (affiliate link)
- Sarah mentioned the following TV shows (listed by network or service):
- HBO: Godless, Silicon Valley, Last Week Tonight
- Netflix: Love, Peaky Blinders, Mindhunter, Ozark, The Crown
- Amazon: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Homecoming
- Hulu: 30 Rock, Saturday Night Live, Killing Eve
- Other: The Daily Show (Comedy Central), Survivor (CBS), Top Chef (Bravo), Billions (Showtime)
- ISH lip palette (affiliate link)
- Yokai Audio (our sound engineer)
- Sarah’s smoothies usually include: banana, kale OR spinach, assorted leftover fresh fruits/veggies that the kids won’t eat, Trader Joe’s Unsweetened Organic Açaí Purée Pack, assorted frozen fruit (berries, mango), flax seed OR hemp seed OR chia seeds, a scoop of almond butter OR half an avocado (for protein and smoothness), and as much almond milk as necessary to liquify it all
Seeking Pregnant Talent For Podcast Project
We are seeking a diverse cast in the first and second trimesters of pregnancy, with a EDD no earlier than April 1, 2019. Our project will share stories from diverse backgrounds, locations, lifestyles, and socioeconomic statuses, both first-time and veteran parents. Chosen participants will receive a stipend to compensate them for sharing their stories. Women of color especially encouraged to apply.
You can view full details on this page, and apply via this form. If you have trouble with the form, email email@example.com with Pregnancy Podcast in the subject line. Thank you and we can’t wait to hear from you!
Amanda Mestas says
Hey Moms, my name is Amanda. I’m 27, married with 4 kids. 8 year old girl, almost 2 (1 week) year old girl, and 4 month old TWINS, girl and boy. I love your podcast, I listen at work when I don’t have to engage with anyone. I have been listening for almost a month. I haven’t listened to them all but even the ones where I am not interested in the topic, I find I am pleasantly surprised. As I listen I feel like there is so much that speaks to me and I wish I could just chime in to the conversation. I would have loved to audition for your new pregnancy podcast because twins was a whole new monster for me. But I love it. I feel very comfortable with you guys and can identify with both of you. If you ever want to pick my brain about twin pregnancy while it is still fresh in my life, I would be delighted! Thanks!
Sarah Powers says
Amanda, thank you so much for this comment, and for listening. We’re thrilled you’re here!
I loved this podcast. Is there any way I can get a copy of all the questions you both went through on this episode? I would love to ask and answer them with my husband.
Sarah Powers says
Oh gosh, so flattering, Amy! Yes, here they are (all Meagan’s creativity, by the way):
1) What was the clumsiest or dumbest thing you did in 2018? Extra points if it had lasting effects.
2) What was the best purchase you made in 2018? (Doesn’t have to be a product, could be a trip, experience, play, etc)
3) Can you remember a time you laughed really, really hard in the last year?
4) Best movie or TV show you saw in 2018?
5) What’s something you learned about yourself in 2018? Or, could be something you already knew, but solidified in your head when X happened.
6) What product or service made the biggest difference in your life/got used the most over the past year?
7) Positive new habit you developed in 2018?
8) Habit you’d like to change/develop in 2019?
Thanks so much for listening and taking the time to comment!