Moms are savvy consumers, conscientious home managers, and discerning decision-makers. So why are we so often the target of hyper-generalized and cringey marketing efforts? In today’s More Than Mom episode – airing on Mother’s Day! – Meagan and Sarah keep it light (and a bit snarky ?) as we vent about the sloppy intent, terrible puns and ridiculous stereotypes advertisers use to market to us moms. Join us!
- We’d love to hear your thoughts around opting out of Mother’s Day messaging. Have you ever found that to be helpful? Let us know in the comments below or on this episode’s Instagram post!
- Here’s the Mother’s Day Ad Spend Data Meagan referenced
- Meagan’s podcast, Mother Of Reinvention, recently featured an interview with Katie Keating about marketing to – and by – midlife women
- Fancy, a NYC advertising agency, surveyed 500 women over 40 about their feelings concerning advertising and marketing and highlighted their findings in this post.
MORE HELPFUL LINKS:
- Visit our website
- Check out deals from our partners
- Follow us on Instagram
- Join our private listener group on Facebook (be sure to answer the membership questions!)
- Sign up for our newsletter
Leave a Reply