Has your reading life come to a screeching halt due to the responsibilities of motherhood? In this month’s Voices interview, Meagan welcomes back blogger, podcaster, and book club leader Amy Clark, to discuss how a busy mom can take small steps to create a readerly life. We discuss all the hacks for finding the time to dive back in (think TikTok’s #sundayreset for inspiration!) and a neat tool for finding the perfect book to match your mood. Amy also shares how reading can help you “find your people” during your current season of life. This episode is for anyone looking to fit more reading into their lives (in little and big ways). Enjoy!
About Our Sponsors
flowkey is an app that listens to you play the keyboard or piano, and gives you real-time feedback as you play. The app has a ton of arrangements at all skill levels, and you can also take step-by-step courses to learn the basics, read sheet music, play chords, and much more.
Go to flowkey.com/THEMOMHOUR to receive 7 days of flowkey Premium for free and 20% off the first year of an annual subscription.
Shoott allows you to book 30-minute photo sessions with professional photographers in locations all over the country. It’s completely free to book, and then when you get your photos in just a few days, you only pay for the ones you love.
Book a session at shoott.com with the code THEMOMHOUR and get 15% off any orders of 5 or more photos.
Dragon Girls is a super collectible new series that celebrates the inner fire of everyday girls! Follow along as Will, Azmina, and Naomi discover their Glitter Dragon Girl abilities.
Books 1-6 are available where books are sold!
Links We Mentioned:
- Amy debuted on The Mom Hour in Living and Mothering with a Chronic Illness: Voices 39
- You can find Amy on her Blog, The Mom Advice Book Club, and on the Book Gang Podcast.
- Meagan mentioned stuffing The Flowers In the Attic series of books under her mattress as a teen. Wondering what it’s about? Find it here.
- Megan interviewed Amy on a recent Mother of Reinvention podcast about Leaning (Back) In To What You Love
- This Cup of Jo Article shares how an Articles Club can be a much easier commitment for busy moms than a book club.
- Here’s Amy’s tutorial for how to use Storygraph for a better reading life.
- Read about Amy’s diagnosis story