Has your reading life come to a screeching halt due to the responsibilities of motherhood? In this month’s Voices interview, Meagan welcomes back blogger, podcaster, and book club leader Amy Clark, to discuss how a busy mom can take small steps to create a readerly life. We discuss all the hacks for finding the time to dive back in (think TikTok’s #sundayreset for inspiration!) and a neat tool for finding the perfect book to match your mood. Amy also shares how reading can help you “find your people” during your current season of life. This episode is for anyone looking to fit more reading into their lives (in little and big ways). Enjoy!
- Amy debuted on The Mom Hour in Living and Mothering with a Chronic Illness: Voices 39
- You can find Amy on her Blog, The Mom Advice Book Club, and on the Book Gang Podcast.
- Meagan mentioned stuffing The Flowers In the Attic series of books under her mattress as a teen. Wondering what it’s about? Find it here.
- Megan interviewed Amy on a recent Mother of Reinvention podcast about Leaning (Back) In To What You Love
- This Cup of Jo Article shares how an Articles Club can be a much easier commitment for busy moms than a book club.
- Here’s Amy’s tutorial for how to use Storygraph for a better reading life.
- Read about Amy’s diagnosis story