It’s been a while since we talked about books and reading! These days Meagan identifies as a total bookworm and Sarah as more of a modest reader in terms of quantity – during other seasons of life we’ve been just the opposite. In this More Than Mom episode, Meagan and Sarah share how our reading habits ebb and flow, where and how we find new books to read, and specific titles we’ve read so far in 2022. Cozy up on the couch as we dive into some of our weirdest, quickest, fluffiest, unfinished, most educational and inspirational books we’ve been reading lately. Whether you’re an avid reader yourself, or just want some books talk by osmosis, enjoy!
About Our Sponsors
Hiya is a daily children’s vitamin that’s stronger, cleaner, and tastier — made from a blend of 12 farm-fresh fruits and vegetables and 15 essential vitamins.
For 50% OFF your first order go to hiyahealth.com/MOMHOUR or enter code MOMHOUR at checkout.
Lauren Tarshis’s bestselling historical fiction series I Survived tells the stories of history’s most terrifying disasters through the eyes of kids who lived to tell the tale.
Relive the adventures with the new I Survived graphic novels, perfect for all readers!
The Essential Calendar
See a whole season at a glance in a stylish poster that hangs on your wall – AND help support a mom-owned business and our podcast at the same time!
Save 10% with code THEMOMHOUR or use this link: theessentialcalendar.com/themomhour. When you do, we’ll earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
This fall, Meagan taking her Mother of Reinvention podcast to the next level by launching a private membership community for midlife moms. MOR Community will be a supportive space with live chats, exclusive content, encouraging activities, and more!
Go to morcommunity.com to learn more!
Links We Mentioned (Or Should Have) In This Episode
Books listed below are affiliate links at Bookshop.org. That means if you click through from this page and make a purchase, we’ll earn a small commission at no additional cost to you – and you’ll be helping to support indie bookstores around the country! We also love to hear when you support your local bookstores and public libraries, too!
- Meagan’s List of Books
- One’s Company by Ashley Hutson
- Good Husbandry & The Dirty Life both by Kristin Kimball
- Into The Wilderness by Sara Donati
- Breath by James Nestor
- The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating by Elisabeth Tova Bailey
- At Home by Bill Bryson (Sarah recommends How We Got To Now by Steven Johnson if you enjoyed At Home)
- Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge, and the Teachings of Plants by Robin Wall Kimmerer
- Wintering by Katherine May
- I Guess I Haven’t Learned That Yet by Shana Niequest
- Sarah’s List of Books
- Broken (in the Best Possible Way) by Jenny Lawson
- Maybe You Should Talk to Someone: A Therapist, Her Therapist, and Our Lives Revealed by Lori Gottleib
- The Duke and I: Bridgerton by Julia Quinn
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma by Bessel Van Der Kolk
- Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World by Cal Newport
- Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption by Bryan Stevenson
- Shakespeare by Bill Bryson
- City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert
- The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett
- Want to listen to more episodes about books? You may enjoy the following past episodes:
- Our friends at The Girl Next Door Podcast have lots of books talk. Check them out!
- Want to learn more about Meagan’s good friend Amy Clark’s Book Club? Click here to access her Book Club and here to check out her podcast (all about books!).
- Meagan interviewed Amy on the Mother Of Reinvention Podcast–Leaning (Back) In To What You Love with Amy Clark of the Mom Advice Book Club
Leave a Reply