When Christine Koh started making t-shirts for herself as a creative release and weekend hobby, she had no idea that within a matter of months her designs would be seen on celebrities, in magazines, and as a meaningful part of social good movements around the country.
Join Sarah as she chats with Christine (who is also a blogger, podcaster, and author) about the launch of Brave New World Designs after the 2016 election, what it’s like to go from being a digital creator to a maker of physical products, the cross-section of activism and creativity, and what it’s like to own a business with her husband.
Sponsor Spotlight: Bissell BarkBath
The Bissell BarkBath allows pet owners to bathe their pet with virtually no mess. The all-in-one system can be used in any room of the house, anytime, eliminating the inevitable clean-up that comes along with washing a four-legged family member. Visit bissell.com/mom and use coupon code MOM to receive two bottles of free no rinse shampoo with your order of a BarkBath. Coupon code is good for a limited time only.
Sponsor Spotlight: Universal Standard
Universal Standard is a line of modern, minimalist essentials in sizes 10 to 28. They’re all about style, fit, and quality, with premium fabrics like Peruvian cottons, French satin-back crepes, Italian merino wools, and 100% cashmeres. Every piece is engineered specifically to fit the size 10+ woman. When you spend $50 at universalstandard.com, you’ll get their signature $50 Tee Rex style t-shirt – FOR FREE – just use our code MOM at checkout.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Brave New World Designs on Etsy
- Brave New World Designs on Instagram
- The Teacher/Hero tee supporting Teach For America
- Edit Your Life podcast (which Christine co-hosts with the wonderful Asha Dornfest, who chatted with Sarah in a 2016 episode of this podcast)
- Minimalist Parenting, the book Christine and Asha wrote together
- BostonMamas.com, Christine’s “Boston and beyond” lifestyle website