Happiness in parenting doesn’t mean mean skipping through fields of daisies with a brood of clean, cheerful, never-whining children who eat their veggies and always put their dirty clothes in the hamper. In reality, it’s a much messier–but totally attainable–thing.
In this episode of The Mom Hour Voices, Sarah talks with writer KJ Dell’Antonia about cultivating happiness as a mom in the midst of sibling fighting, grumpy mornings, and endless screen-time negotiations. KJ’s new book, How To Be A Happier Parent, offers specific strategies from both parenting experts and real-life moms and dads for tackling some of the most common pain points that accompany modern parenting. Join us!
Sponsor Spotlight: Chameleon Cold Brew
This episode is sponsored by Chameleon Cold-Brew, purveyors of incredibly delicious organic cold-brew coffee. Whether you enjoy your cold-brew iced or hot, black or creamy, sweet or bold, the possibilities are endless! Find Chameleon Cold-Brew practically ANYWHERE you shop, including Whole Foods, Target, Safeway, Kroger, Walmart and Publix.
Sponsor Spotlight: Simple Contacts
Simple Contacts is a super convenient way to renew your contact lens prescription and reorder your contacts from anywhere, in minutes. Save $20 at simplecontacts.com/themomhour20 with code THEMOMHOUR at checkout.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Sarah mentioned Episode 167 of The Mom Hour, where she and Meagan talked about laundry
- howtobeahappierparent.com is the place to go to find out more about KJ and her book
- Books KJ used in her research that were mentioned in the interview
- #AmWriting with Jess & KJ (KJ’s podcast with friend and fellow author Jessica Lahey)
- IndieBound.com, a great source for finding indie bookstores or ordering books from independent sellers