Happiness in parenting doesn’t mean mean skipping through fields of daisies with a brood of clean, cheerful, never-whining children who eat their veggies and always put their dirty clothes in the hamper. In reality, it’s a much messier–but totally attainable–thing.
In this episode of The Mom Hour Voices, Sarah talks with writer KJ Dell’Antonia about cultivating happiness as a mom in the midst of sibling fighting, grumpy mornings, and endless screen-time negotiations. KJ’s new book, How To Be A Happier Parent, offers specific strategies from both parenting experts and real-life moms and dads for tackling some of the most common pain points that accompany modern parenting. Join us!
- Sarah mentioned Episode 167 of The Mom Hour, where she and Meagan talked about laundry
- howtobeahappierparent.com is the place to go to find out more about KJ and her book
- Books KJ used in her research that were mentioned in the interview
- How To Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk (by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish)
- Siblings Without Rivalry: How to Help Your Children Live Together So You Can Live Too (by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish)
- Peaceful Parent, Happier Siblings (Dr. Laura Markham)
- #AmWriting with Jess & KJ (KJ’s podcast with friend and fellow author Jessica Lahey)
- IndieBound.com, a great source for finding indie bookstores or ordering books from independent sellers
MORE HELPFUL LINKS:
- Visit our website
- Check out deals from our partners
- Follow us on Instagram
- Join our private listener group on Facebook (be sure to answer the membership questions!)
- Sign up for our newsletter