Credit card debt, saving for college, working full-time vs. part-time, and planning for the long term: there are big questions that come up in personal finance, and they manage to overlap and intertwine in ways that can be hard to sort out. That’s why it’s so helpful to have the counsel of a trusted advisor.
In Episode 36 of our Voices interview series, Sarah sits down with Certified Financial Planner and mom of two boys Natalie Taylor. We unpack some of the myths surrounding the process of getting unbiased financial advice, address specific listener questions about spending and saving, and dive into what it means to make financial decisions based around your values. Join us!
Sponsor Spotlight: In It from Understood.org
In It is a podcast from Understood.org for and about families of kids with learning and attention issues. Episodes include expert advice and stories from real parents navigating diagnoses, IEP meetings, education decisions, and more. Subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Partner Offer: FREE Photo Book From Chatbooks
We have a gift for YOU: A FREE photo book from Chatbooks–no strings attached! Just download the Chatbooks app or create an account at Chatbooks.com. Use promo code THEMOMHOUR at checkout to get your 30-page soft-cover photo book at no cost (upgrades and shipping may apply; if you decide to make your book longer or add other upgrades, you’ll still get $10 off your total).
Sponsor Spotlight: Epic!
Epic! is a digital library of more than 35,000 ebooks, audiobooks, read-to-me books, articles, quizzes and videos for kids up to age 12. Curated collections and best-selling series keep kids engaged and interested. Get 2 FREE MONTHS by using promo code MOMHOUR when you sign up at getepic.com.
Sponsor Spotlight: Skylight Frames
Skylight is a digital photo frame you can email photos to—anytime, from anywhere. Set it up in under 60 seconds…just plug it in, connect to wifi, and enjoy! Get $10 off your purchase of a Skylight frame when you text MOM to 48-48-48.
Links we mentioned (or should have) in this episode:
- Meagan and Sarah mentioned our conversation about the month of MAY (Episode 206) from earlier this week
- We also mentioned Episode 205, on family finances and budgets from our non-expert perspective
- Sarah’s Voices interview on fitness and body confidence with Jenny Schatzle (coincidentally, Natalie’s workout of choice!)
- Natalie’s website: NatalieAnnTaylor.com
- Natalie on Instagram: @NatalieAnnTaylorMoney
- Natalies Values Toolkit
- LetsMakeAPlan.org is the CFP Board’s resource for finding a local planner in your area
- XY Planning Network is an association of planners who serve mostly GenX and GenY families