From toddler tantrums to big kid anxiety, parents feel so much pressure to tackle these challenges in the right way. Are we expecting too much from our kids . . . and ourselves? In our latest Voices interview episode, Sarah has a conversation with Meghan Leahy, parenting expert and author of a new book, Parenting Outside the Lines. In her signature honest and humorous tone, Meghan shares some valuable insights about what’s going on behind common kid behavior phases. She also reminds us all that WE are the best experts in our kids and that holding empathy for both our kids AND ourselves is the key to combatting perfectionism. Enjoy!
- Meghan’s new book is Parenting Outside the Lines
- You can find information about Meghan’s online classes, coaching, and lots of parent resources on her website
- Meghan Leahy is the parenting expert in The Washington Post
- On the topic of kids and tech Meghan recommends Adam Pletter‘s online class iParent 101
- Meghan also recommends books Screenwise by Devorah Heitner and Raising a Screen-Smart Kid by Juliana Minor