One of the most common questions we’re asked is how to get kids ready for a new sibling. In today’s Voices episode, Meagan chats with a seasoned mom from our Contributor team about how she’s doing just that! Kia is a former postpartum nurse and about to give birth to Baby #4. With kids ages 12, 4, and 1, she’s being super thoughtful about tailoring her approach for each child and stage. Find out how she’s dealing with everyone’s emotions (including her own), making changes to her home, and her favorite items for making it all go a little easier this time around. And with the holidays upon us, we talk about how having a newborn will impact her plans. (All the cute Christmas onesies, please!) Enjoy!
- Follow @kiamhammond on Instagram to stay up to date on baby news!
- Watch Kia pack her hospital bag here: How A Postpartum Nurse And 4th-Time Pregnant Mom Packs Her Hospital Bag
- Meet the Mom Hour Contributor team
- Kia loves the Hatch Baby app for tracking newborn feedings
- Kia thinks Audible credits, AirPods, and a Kindle make great gifts for new moms
- She loves to gift high-contrast cards, baby feeders, personalized blankets, and Lovevery kits (Lovevery is a sponsor of the podcast, for free shipping when you sign up to receive your Play Kit visit Lovevery.com/themomhour)
- Some of Kia’s must-haves are this Baby Wrap Carrier, the Wildbird Ring Sling, the Ergobaby, and this felt diaper caddy
- Listen to 10 Things We Love About The 4th Trimester
- Check out all our episodes and blogposts on Pregnancy and Babies