One of the most common questions we’re asked is how to get kids ready for a new sibling. In today’s Voices episode, Meagan chats with a seasoned mom from our Contributor team about how she’s doing just that! Kia is a former postpartum nurse and about to give birth to Baby #4. With kids ages 12, 4, and 1, she’s being super thoughtful about tailoring her approach for each child and stage. Find out how she’s dealing with everyone’s emotions (including her own), making changes to her home, and her favorite items for making it all go a little easier this time around. And with the holidays upon us, we talk about how having a newborn will impact her plans. (All the cute Christmas onesies, please!) Enjoy!
Sponsor Spotlight: Pok Pok Playroom
Pok Pok Playroom is an award-winning collection of creative, open-ended toys that spark imagination for kids 2-6 years old—and beyond! Pok Pok is inspired by real playrooms, so there’s no winning or losing and kids can make discoveries at their own pace. Get 50% off an entire year of Pok Pok Playroom with code MOMHOUR, redeem here.
Sponsor Spotlight: Bev
Bev is a female-first canned wine brand. They have 5 varietals – rosé, sauv blanc, pinot gris, pinot noir, and a sparkling white. Go to DrinkBev.com/MOMHOUR or use code MOMHOUR at checkout to get 20% off your first purchase plus free shipping.
Sponsor Spotlight: Bite
Bite makes dry toothpaste tablets that taste great and are made with clean ingredients, and no harsh chemicals, sulfates or artificial dyes or flavors ever. Go to trybite.com/MOMHOUR or use code MOMHOUR at checkout for 20% off your first subscription order.
Sponsor Spotlight: Scooter Badge
Scooter Badges instantly turn any regular old kick scooter into a NICK scooter with their exclusive and officially licensed line of Nickelodeon character badges. Badges cost less than $10 and the perfect stocking stuffer, birthday present or party favor. Go to Scooterbadge.com and enter the code MOMHOUR for 20% off and free shipping on orders over $15.
Links we mentioned (or should have) in this episode:
- Follow @kiamhammond on Instagram to stay up to date on baby news!
- Watch Kia pack her hospital bag here: How A Postpartum Nurse And 4th-Time Pregnant Mom Packs Her Hospital Bag
- Meet the Mom Hour Contributor team
- Kia loves the Hatch Baby app for tracking newborn feedings
- Kia thinks Audible credits, AirPods, and a Kindle make great gifts for new moms
- She loves to gift high-contrast cards, baby feeders, personalized blankets, and Lovevery kits (Lovevery is a sponsor of the podcast, for free shipping when you sign up to receive your Play Kit visit Lovevery.com/themomhour)
- Some of Kia’s must-haves are this Baby Wrap Carrier, the Wildbird Ring Sling, the Ergobaby, and this felt diaper caddy
- Listen to 10 Things We Love About The 4th Trimester
- Check out all our episodes and blogposts on Pregnancy and Babies
Photo by Isaac Del Toro on Unsplash
Leave a Reply