Matchy Christmas china, snuggly slippers, nice leather bags, and incredible concerts . . . these are a few of our favorite things! What makes a great gift AND how do you increase your odds of actually getting it? Today’s More Than Mom is all about the most memorable gifts of our Christmases Past–plus what’s on our wish lists (and shopping lists!) this year. We talk about gifts from childhood, experience gifts, weird gifts, and gifts that turn into traditions. We also discuss what really makes a gift feel thoughtful and personal, and some of our favorite gifts to give the women in our lives. As a bonus, Sarah also shares a decade-long Christmas gift mystery! This episode is full of inspiration. Enjoy!
Sponsor Spotlight: Hiya Health
Hiya is a daily children’s vitamin that’s stronger, cleaner, and tastier — made from a blend of 12 farm-fresh fruits and vegetables and 15 essential vitamins. For 50% OFF your first order go to hiyahealth.com/MOMHOUR or enter code MOMHOUR at checkout
Sponsor Spotlight: Scooter Badge
Scooter Badges instantly turn any regular old kick scooter into a NICK scooter with their exclusive and officially licensed line of Nickelodeon character badges. Badges cost less than $10 and the perfect stocking stuffer, birthday present or party favor. Go to Scooterbadge.com and enter the code MOMHOUR for 20% off and free shipping on orders over $15.
Sponsor Spotlight: Athletic Greens
AG1 by Athletic Greens is the category-leading superfood product, bringing comprehensive and convenient daily nutrition to every body. The AG1 powder from Athletic Greens is lifestyle-friendly whether you eat keto, paleo, vegan, dairy-free or gluten-free, and contains less than 1 gram of sugar, no GMOs, no nasty chemicals or artificial anything. Go to athleticgreens.com/momhour for a year’s supply of Vitamin D and five free travel packs with your first purchase of AG1.
Sponsor Spotlight: ESET
ESET security protects more than 110 million users worldwide and they’ve been in business for over 30 years. ESET developed the SaferKidsOnline website specifically to help parents and kids learn how to protect themselves in the digital world. Check out the articles we mentioned about Phishing and Gaming at SaferKidsOnline.eset.com.
Links we mentioned (or should have) in this episode:
- Shop small, mom-owned businesses in our Small Business Boutique
- All our Contributor gift guides are in our Holiday Headquarters
- Sarah’s fave slippers she heard about from Ashlee Gadd
- We love shopping Etsy and Minted
- Sarah’s travel mug
- Meagan’s show and tell embroidery video on Instagram
- Mom’s 2021 Holiday Wishlist
- It’s true! We’ve talked about bags before: What’s In Our Purses and all about Purses
- More episodes about gifting: Giving and Receiving Gifts, A Judgement-Free Conversation About Shopping More Mindfully
- Check out all our episodes and blogposts about gifts
- Meagan’s essay It’s OK To Feel Disappointed In Your Gifts