Over the years, we’ve developed a bit of a reputation for hating fun, but really we just want to give all moms permission to have actual opinions about what’s fun, what isn’t, and how they like to make memories with their kids. If you’re like us, cooking, crafting, outdoor activities, and Mommy-and-Me classes might strike you as are occasionally fun, never-ever fun, or not fun YET. In the spirit of keeping it real, Meagan and Sarah chat about how kids have special ways of tainting activities we normally love, plus we break down how to separate the fun YOU crave from feeling like you have to include your children. We also give real tips for how to make some of these ideas a better fit for your family (spoiler: It might not include you!). And to wrap it all up, we share some encouragement and suggestions for planning future “fun.” Enjoy!
- Our OG episode on hating fun and when we revisited the topic several years ago
- Meagan’s Instagram post about taking her kids to indoor waterparks
- Our Contributor Jayme’s blogpost: Baking With Kids This Holiday Season: A Strategy For The Hesitant Mom
- Dear Evan Hansen is a soundtrack Meagan normally (but doesn’t always!) love on family road trips
- Craving fun that’s just for you? Listen to our More Than Mom episode on Creative Hobbies (Now … Soonish … Maybe Someday) for inspiration.