There are big benefits to getting kids outside as much as possible. But as a mom to young kids, it can feel intimidating to curate the perfect outside experience for them (and you)! In this Voices episode, Meagan chats with regular contributors Jayme Sherrod and Jennifer Carroll about ways to weave nature into your family’s routine. Both Jennifer and Jayme love the outdoors, but their approaches to getting outside with young kids are very different; listen to get their best tips and must-have gear for successful outdoor family adventures. Whether you are looking for encouragement to take baby steps to get kids outside regularly or some inspiration to try bigger adventures, you’ll love this conversation. Enjoy!
- The Seek App identifies wildlife, plants and fungi so you can learn about the organisms all around you.
- Merlin Birding App helps you identify birds
- These Battery-Operated Spray Fans keep Meagan and her kids cool in the heat.
- Last Child In the Woods by Richard Louv is a good read according to Meagan.
- Jennifer recommends the Coleman Dark Room Tent to make it extra dark for little kids with bedtimes.
- Arrive Outdoors is the camping gear rental website Meagan mentioned.
- Trekking Poles are great to provide stability for moms carrying littles on a hike.
- This Hiking Carrier is perfect to carry kids on long hikes.
- That time when Meagan owned a camper.
- Check out some of Jennifer’s blog posts featuring the outdoors:
- Five Tips for Water Safety This Summer
- Gift Guide For The Outdoor Adventuring Family
- Car camping with kids
- Fun episodes that pair well with this one:
- Meagan Goes Camping and Sarah Has Questions
- Camping With Kids (And Other Outdoor Adventures)
- Getting Outside With Kids: Episode 204
- Follow Jennifer Carroll on Instagram
- Follow Jayme Sherrod on Instagram
MORE HELPFUL LINKS:
- Visit our website
- Check out deals from our partners
- Follow us on Instagram
- Join our private listener group on Facebook (be sure to answer the membership questions!)
- Sign up for our newsletter
Leave a Reply