Boxes, bags, and bentos–here we go, friends. We’re talking lunch-packing on this week’s episode of The Mom Hour. From the gear we love (or like well-enough), to the stuff we pack (no, it’s not pretty or perfect), to when and how we get lunches packed (and unpacked…ew), today’s episode is FULL of tips and stories to encourage you this school year.
PLUS Sarah is joined by our newest new-mom contributor Alison Thompson at the end of the show. Check it out!
Sponsor Spotlight: Prep Dish
Prep Dish is a healthy subscription-based meal planning service designed to help you shop once, prep once, and enjoy wholesome, delicious meals that come together in minutes all week long. Sign up at PrepDish.com/themomhour to get your first 2 weeks FREE.
Sponsor Spotlight: Hydralyte
Hydralyte is a clinical hydration product that comes in great flavors and is available as a pre-mixed drink, a powder, or effervescent tablets. Compared to sports drinks, Hydralyte delivers up to FOUR TIMES the electrolytes with 75% less sugar. Available on Amazon or at Hydralyte.com.
Sponsor Spotlight: Epic!
Epic! is a digital library of more than 25,000 ebooks, audiobooks, read-to-me books, articles, quizzes and videos for kids up to age 12. Continue school learning and keep up with reading logs by making Epic! a part of your family’s back-to-school routine. Podcast listeners can get 2 FREE MONTHS by using promo code MOMHOUR when you sign up at getepic.com.
Links we mentioned (or should have) in Episode 170
- Episode 151: Feeding A Family (Breakfast & Lunch)
- Laura Fuentes / Momables.com
- The Girl Next Door podcast episode about Home Efficiency, and Erica’s Instagram post about freezing sandwiches
- Meagan’s Lunch Box Challenge series on The Happiest Home (from 2011): Intro, Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4
- Alison Thompson co-hosts the Crunchy Cocktail Hour podcast in our Life, Listened network
Gear we mentioned (or should have) in Episode 170
- Meagan got the Classmate Printed Soft Sided Lunch Box from Lands’ End
- Sarah uses the Mackenzie Collection Classic Lunch Bags from Pottery Barn Kids and the Classic lunch bags from Pottery Barn Teen (slightly deeper but otherwise similar style)
- Pottery Barn Kids Spencer Bento Box
- Easy Lunch Boxes Bento Lunch Box Containers
- Rubbermaid LunchBlox Kids Flat Lunch Kit
- CVS Health Peas Hot or Cold Therapy Pack
- Fit & Fresh Cool Coolers Slim Reusable Ice Packs
- Sarah has this Thermos brand Funtainer and Meagan’s teens have larger thermoses like this one
- Sarah sends inexpensive stainless steel demitasse spoons like these to school for yogurt
- Meagan used the SCOUT Divide & Conquer Open-top Storage Bin on top of her fridge for school snacks for years
Queue It Up!
If you’re feeling all back-to-schoolish and want to set some new intentions for yourself as a mom, check out Episode 116 from August 22, 2017: Back To School = The New Year For Moms.