We’re on day 12 of a dairy, egg white, cashew, and peanut-free diet for my almost two-year-old after he showed sensitivities to them on lab work. Ditching all of these ingredients has thrown me for a loop when it comes to feeding him. It’s hard to balance his restrictions, his preferences and his nutrition!
Here’s what’s been working these last couple weeks:
- A 50/50 combo of Califia Farms Vanilla Almond Milk (for taste) + Ripple Milk (for calcium boost and soy-free/plant-based protein)
- Daiya Cheddar Style Shreds (for quesadillas)
- So Delicious Unsweetened Vanilla Dairy-Free Yogurt (If served outside of a smoothie, I sweeten with a little bit of maple syrup)
- Annie’s Vegan Macaroni & Cheese
- Vegan Donuts (check your local Whole Foods for these – I couldn’t find a link!)
Side note: all of the above picks (except for the vegan donuts) are soy-free.
I’m still in search of delicious vegan finds, so please share them below!