Meagan wants to go lilac-hunting and Sarah might try something for Earth Day this year. Of course we’re also dyeing eggs, hiding baskets, and sprucing up our homes and gardens for a new season. Join us as we discuss the rituals, routines, and traditions that Spring brings to our homes–plus Katie Addiss joins Sarah to talk Spring and Easter books for kids!
Sponsor Spotlight: Qeepsake
Qeepsake is the baby book for the modern family. Sign up for free and Qeepsake will text you questions about your child, prompting you to share funny stories, little memories, and even photos that get preserved in an online journal that you can edit anytime and turn into a beautiful book with a single click. Sign up at qeepsake.co/themomhour to get started.
Sponsor Spotlight: Epic!
Epic! is a digital library of more than 35,000 ebooks, audiobooks, read-to-me books, articles, quizzes and videos for kids up to age 12. Curated collections and best-selling series keep kids engaged and interested. Get 2 FREE MONTHS by using promo code MOMHOUR when you sign up at getepic.com.
Sponsor Spotlight: Care.com
Whether you need childcare while you’re at work or want to line up a date night sitter, Care.com can help you find sitters and nannies, PLUS housekeepers, dog walkers, senior care, tutors, errand runners and more. Save 30% off a premium membership by visiting care.com/momhour.
Sponsor Spotlight: Hopster
Hopster is a subscription app for kids 2-6 where kids can access high-quality shows, learning games, fun music, and more. Head to hopster.tv, select USE VOUCHER, and enter code themomhour (all lowercase!) to get an extended 1-month free trial.
Links we mentioned (or should have) in Episode 202
- Sarah uses this Nordic Ware Spring Lamb 3-D Cake Mold for their lamb cake tradition
- We learned a ton of technical tips from this post on MidCenturyMenu.com: 10 Tips For The Perfect Retro Easter Lamb “Lambie” Cake
- Our Bonus Episode where Meagan interviewed Amy Joyce of The Washington Post’s On Parenting section about the college admissions scandal
- Thank you to new Patrons for your support of the show and for joining our community! Learn more at Patreon.com/TheMomHour
- Katie and Sarah discussed springtime books for kids plus what we’re reading lately. It’s all covered in this blog post.