Meagan and Sarah are inviting you in for a good old-fashioned catch-up sesh as we wind down Summer 2021. There’s a bit of everything in today’s episode: updates on our own kid and family milestones, reflections on the second pandemic summer (a few fails, some sweet moments, and everything in between), thoughts on the strange time of year that is mid-August, and some of what’s been keeping us entertained lately (books, TV, podcasts, and more!). Join us!
Sponsor Spotlight: Public Goods
Public Goods is the one-stop-shop for affordable, sustainable, healthy, household products — from home and personal care to premium pantry staples. For $15 off your first Public Goods order, visit publicgoods.com/momhour or use code MOMHOUR at checkout
Sponsor Spotlight: Helix
Helix mattresses are 100% American-made mattresses customized to fit your body type and sleep position. Take a two-minute quiz, and Helix matches your body type and the way you like to sleep with the perfect mattress for you. For $200 OFF all mattress orders AND two free pillows, go to helixsleep.com/themomhour.
Sponsor Spotlight: ZocDoc
Zocdoc is a free app where you can search for local doctors who take your insurance, read verified patient reviews and book an appointment, in-person or video chat. Whether you need a primary care physician, dentist, dermatologist, psychiatrist, eye doctor, or any other specialist, Zocdoc has you covered. Go to Zocdoc.com/THEMOMHOUR and download the Zocdoc app to sign-up for FREE.
Sponsor Spotlight: Raising Resilient Kids
Raising Resilient Kids by Dr. Rhonda Spencer-Hwang looks at 8 simple practices that lead to longevity and contentment – and how we can help shape our kids’ physical and mental health, even during tough times. Visit momhourkids.com to get 30% off your copy of Raising Resilient Kids when you use the code “mom” at checkout.
Links we mentioned (or should have) in this episode:
- Meagan shared about Clara’s summer camp nervousness here
- Sarah talked about one of her kids’ inflexibility and penchant for extreme disappointment in this episode
- If you’re still getting to know us, you might like other “grab bag” style episodes like these:
- Behind The Scenes & End Of Summer Catch-Up: Episode 276
- Grab Bag Catch-Up & Reading While Traveling: Episode 236
- Sarah’s older two made this recipe for muffin tin pizza as part of Kids Cook Dinner night in the Powers house
- Sarah’s media picks (those mentioned, and a few we didn’t have time for) include:
- BOOKS | Dusk Night Dawn by Anne Lammott, Dear Edward by Ann Napolitano (affiliate links)
- PODCASTS | Your Own Backyard, Even The Rich Madonna Series, Toxic (The Britney Spears Story)
- TV | The Right Stuff, Ted Lasso, Top Chef, The Good Place
- DOCUMENTARIES | Penguin Town, The Last Man on the Moon, Biggest Little Farm
Photo by everett mcintire on Unsplash
Leave a Reply