When it comes to parenting–and how we generally live our lives–actions speak louder than words. Our behaviors, priorities, emotions, and reactions are all things we’re modeling for our kids. In this episode, Meagan and Sarah try to see themselves through their kids’ eyes, reflecting on the qualities we feel good about and the ones we’re trying to be more conscious of. We talk about how we can’t control how our kids will think about us when they’re grown, but we CAN be thoughtful about the moms we want to be; and even though we’re opposites in lots of ways, we discover a superpower we have in common. This deep-thinky episode is a great one for wherever you are on your motherhood journey. Enjoy!
Sponsor Spotlight: Scholastic
Written by #1 New York Times bestselling author Peter H. Reynolds, Our Table is a celebration of togetherness. Our Table celebrates themes that are perfect for the holidays and would make a great holiday gift or holiday read-aloud! Check out Our Table by Peter H. Reynolds at your local bookstore, or wherever books are sold.
Sponsor Spotlight: Ana Luisa
Ana Luisa brings exceptional jewelry into the life of every woman, one collection at a time. Ana Luisa makes high-quality jewelry at fair prices, starting at $39, and they have a great variety of styles. Buy an item, and then get 60% off a second item when you go to shop.analuisa.com/momhour
Sponsor Spotlight: Ritual
Ritual is formulated with key nutrients, including Vitamin D3, to help fill gaps in the diet. Ritual is now available for women, men, and teens, scientifically developed to help support different life stages including their bestselling prenatal multivitamin. Get 10% off your first three months at ritual.com/THEMOMHOUR.
Sponsor Spotlight: Vionic
Vionic has the most supportive shoes…ever. Their arch support technology is designed for all-day wear, so that your feet can be comfortable no matter where you are going. Get free shipping through December 31, 2021 when you use code THEMOMHOUR at vionicshoes.com/themomhour.
Links we mentioned (or should have) in this episode:
- This episode was inspired in part by Sarah’s interview with Meghan Leahy
- We recently talked about habits in this episode: Where We Nailed It (And Where We Didn’t) In 2021
- We’d love to hear from you. Email us, or connect with us on Facebook or Instagram
- Here’s how to leave us a review (pretty please!)
- Discover tons of holiday content and our Small Business Boutique over in our Holiday Headquarters
- Listen to our other episodes on our personalities: Getting (And Giving) Help During Hard Times, How We’re The Same (And Also Different), and Knowing Yourself As A Mom