With rising prices, many of us are looking for big and little ways to cut back on expenses and spend wisely in 2022. Being smart about when, where, and what you buy AND how you use it adds up to make a big difference in your bottom line. Meagan and Sarah are sharing their best, budget-friendly ideas for everything from clothing and toiletries to furniture and decor. Plus, they share a few times where taking the free advice of a professional helped them save big bucks . . . and Meagan talks about poopy laundry. (Gross, funny, but informative!) We’ll be chatting food and groceries next week, but for frugal tips on everything else, this is the episode for you. Enjoy!
About Our Sponsors
Fuzzy is telehealth for pet parents that offers 24/7 access to personalized pet care from veterinary professionals. You can use it for emergencies when needed, or everyday questions like why your dog’s breath stinks or your cat won’t stop scratching.
Get a FREE 7-Day Trial plus $20 off your first purchase of vet-recommended pet meds, supplements, treatments and more at YourFuzzy.com with promo code THEMOMHOUR.
Prep Dish is a mom-owned meal prep solution that delivers healthy meal plans, grocery lists, and prep-ahead instructions to your inbox every week. With chef, dietician and mom-of-two Allison’s help, you’ll prep your meals for the week all at once, and then have healthy, whole-food dishes on hand throughout the week.
We think this Beef & Butternut Squash Tagine sounds delicious!
Get two weeks of paleo, gluten-free, keto AND super-fast meal plans totally free when you sign up at prepdish.com/themomhour.
The Clifford books have lots of great messages for kids like how to be a good friend and how to be a helper. From board books and picture books to activity books, there’s a Clifford book for every kid.
Celebrate Valentine’s Day AND Clifford’s birthday by reading Clifford with your kids. Clifford books are available wherever books are sold!
Links we mentioned (or should have) in this episode:
- Meagan finds good deals at TJ Maxx and saves money working CVS ExtraBucks
- We both genuinely love our pants from our sponsor Betabrand
- Sarah is a big fan of the laundry pods from our sponsor Public Goods (Use code MOMHOUR for $15 off!)
- Listen to our Voices episode: Spending, Saving, and Living Your Values with Natalie Taylor
- Read our Contributor Sarah Limberg’s blog post: These Resources Helped Me Start Budgeting
- Check out these custom podcast playlists Sarah created for our listeners: Carly’s Playlist (Family Values, Siblings, Routines & Hacks) and Jenny’s Playlist (Tweens, Teens, & Working Motherhood)
- Check out all our episodes and blog posts on money