Now that school routines are underway, we’re going deep into the details of lunch packing – with the help of our team! In Episode 385 Meagan and Sarah call on the experience, perspective and real-life lunch packing advice of five moms from around the country, whose lunch-eating kids range in age from two to sixteen. We touch on lunch packing pain points, tried-and-true ideas for each food group, strategies for snacking, and some of our must-have lunch packing accessories. We hope that a peek inside the bento boxes of other families will both validate that you’re already doing a great job (yes, even if you send the same thing every day!) AND infuse your lunch packing with some easy new ideas. Take a listen!
- Did you enjoy hearing from our contributors on this episode? You can learn more about them here or follow them on instagram to show them the love!
- Jayme Sherrod
- Lisa Payne
- Mandy Yang
- Joanne Ruelos Diaz
- Jennifer Carroll
- Products our contributors just love and use to pack lunches daily.
- Jennifer uses the Pottery Barn Kids All-In-One Bento Boxes each day for her preschoolers.
- Mandy packs her daughter’s salad everyday in the Sistema Salad Containers.
- Lisa loves these Amazon Easy Lunchboxes for her four children.
- Jayme’s favorite product is the Planet Box Stainless Steal Lunchbox for her two young children.
- Joann uses Sistema Lunchboxes for her children.
- Sarah loves these 1 oz plastic containers for sauce or dressing.
- Meagan wrote a blog back in 2011 where she did a lunch-making challenge!
- Momables is a lunch-packing subscription service that gives you menu plans and ideas.
- Don’t forget to check out our Instagram this week to see some visuals that go along with the episode.