Whether you love everything about Halloween or mildly dread some of the excess (sugar, stuff, events, oh my!), today’s episode is meant to give you permission to find the traditions and celebrations that work for your family. Regular contributor Joanna Martin is back on the show to interview Sarah about how the Powers family has done Halloween over the years. Later in the episode Sarah chats with Diane Boden, host of the Minimalist Moms podcast about how a scaled-back approach to harvest season works in her family. Happy October, friends!
About Our Sponsors
Vionic has the most supportive shoes…ever. Their arch support technology is designed for all-day wear, so that your feet can be comfortable no matter where you are going.
Use the promo code THEMOMHOUR for free shipping on vionicshoes.com.
KiwiCo delivers monthly science and art projects that celebrate kids’ natural curiosity. With KiwiCo, kids get to explore different topics each month, from rainbows to rocket ships and everything in between!
Get 50% off your first month plus FREE shipping on ANY crate line with code THEMOMHOUR at kiwico.com.
Shoott allows you to book 30-minute photo sessions with professional photographers in locations all over the country. It’s completely free to book, and then when you get your photos in just a few days, you only pay for the ones you love. Find holiday package deals to save money and time on family photos.
Book a session at shoott.com with the code THEMOMHOUR for 15% off any orders of 5 or more photos.
The Essential Calendar
See a whole season at a glance in a stylish poster that hangs on your wall – AND help support a mom-owned business and our podcast at the same time!
Save 10% with code THEMOMHOUR or use this link: theessentialcalendar.com/themomhour. When you do, we’ll earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Links We Mentioned (Or Should Have) In This Episode
- Learn more about our contributor Joanna Martin and follow her on instagram.
- Sarah’s family reads Pumpkin Soup (affiliate link) by Helen Cooper every year, and then makes this recipe for Butternut Squash Soup with Apple & Bacon.
- Joanna Martin uses this Roasted Pumpkin Seeds recipe every year during pumpkin carving.
- Check out Meagan’s essay about Trick-or-Treating Teenagers
- Sarah’s family loves the Disney Halloween Special Mickey’s House of Villains
- Sarah mentioned loving the big kid crafts stage, including How to Marble a Pumpkin with Nail Polish from Color Made Happy
- Diane Boden is the voice behind the top-rated podcast and community, Minimalist Moms, where talks about living a life in the pursuit of less. You can find Diane at her website, on Instagram, and on Facebook.
- Diane wrote the book Minimalist Moms: Living and Parenting with Simplicity (affiliate link), full of on-the-go minimalist wisdom that teaches busy parents how to embrace simple living, focusing on what matters, and inner calm.
- Check out a few blog posts from the Halloween Archives:
Continue the conversation:
Instagram | Private Facebook Community (be sure to answer the membership questions!)
Leave a Reply