Moving with kids – whether it’s across town or out of state – is no easy task. Meagan and Sarah have each done it several times and share their tips and experiences in Episode 56. We also expand the conversation to the broader topic of cultivating community where you live, regardless of how long you’ve been there. Join us!
- Speakpipe – Leave us an audio message and your question might make it onto the show like Amy’s did!
- This Is Where You Belong: The Art and Science of Loving the Place You Live (Melody Warnick)
- Prince Lionhart Stove Guard and Safety 1st Clear View Stove Knob Covers
- Podcasts Sarah is loving lately
- Coffee + Crumbs
- #AmWriting with Jess & KJ (Jessica Lahey and KJ Dell’Antonia)
- NPR Politics Podcast
- Game of Thrones Podcast from baldmove.com (Bryan’s recommendation)
MORE HELPFUL LINKS:
- Visit our website
- Check out deals from our partners
- Follow us on Instagram
- Join our private listener group on Facebook (be sure to answer the membership questions!)Sign up for our newsletter
KT Merle says
HI! I started listening over the weekend (1.11.20) and highly enjoy the podcast. On this episode about moving with kids I love that you mentioned using different tape to denote the boxes and where they go. We did a move, sans kids at the time, but I used a similar, albeit, more expensive method, where the tape had the name of the room pre-printed and each was a different color. I love that you expanded that and had all sorts of tape options to make the rooms and locations more specific.
Also, in the kitchen I like to use those chalkboard decal labels and the liquid chalk pens. Once a drawer or cupboard has its items I will put the label on it. (items similar to these: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=chalkboard+labels&ref=nb_sb_noss_2) After our first boy I also use these labels on his dresser to denote what is in which drawer. At some point I will be putting them on our own dressers since my husband still does not know which drawer to put socks or underwear, lol. And I used these on baby food containers when we were making our own baby food. In general I love the chalkboard labels for everything.
But love the show and like getting tidbits of info and hacks each episode!
Sarah Powers says
Love this! Thank you, Katherine!
Sarah Powers says
Love those chalkboard labels – thanks for the suggestion and for popping by to comment!