Does anybody really do a deep spring clean anymore? And what is it about the warmer weather that makes us want to open our doors–literally!–and have a few people over? In the latest in our More-Than-Mom Hour series we talk all about spring cleaning, spring home updates, and tips for casual entertaining. Join us!
Featured Sponsor: Plum Deluxe Tea
We love a good cup of tea (Meagan can’t start her day without one!) and we LOVE small businesses who care about their ingredients and their customers. If you do too, we think you’ll love Plum Deluxe and their tea of the month subscription. For $10 per month you’ll receive a hand blended, all-organic, loose leaf tea thoughtfully chosen for the season. Tea club members also enjoy special benefits like gift swaps, free shipping on all purchases, and access to an amazing tea community. What a great Mother’s Day gift for the tea lover in your life (or, ahem, yourself)!
Special Offer! Join the tea club by May 1st and get a free bag of Self Care Tea in your first packet. Just mention “The Mom Hour” in the “How did you hear about us?” field when you sign up and your bonus will be added when your recurring subscription is processed.
Also Thanks To: Jet
Jet is a shopping site that makes it easy to save money on the stuff you buy all the time. For $10 off your first 3 orders over $35, visit jet.com and enter promo code THEMOMHOUR at checkout. Terms and conditions apply. See jet.com for details.
Links we mentioned in Episode 98
- Mother’s Day Challenge! Send your letters to: 26895 Aliso Creek Road, Suite B-174 / Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
- The zone-by-zone deep cleaning challenge Meagan wrote up on The Happiest Home
- California’s wildflower ‘super bloom’ is so massive you can see it from space (The Washington Post)
- Sarah’s favorite wine writer pens: Wine Glass Writer Metallic Color 3-Pack (Amazon)
- Meagan’s favorite traffic sign: Step2 Kid Alert Visual Warning Signal – 32-Inch Caution Go Slow Children At Play Signage (Amazon)
- Hosting A Gathering? How To Help Young Children Feel Included (Sarah’s post for The Happiest Home)
Welcome Home, Kirsten & Graham!
Please help us welcome Kirsten Dunlap and Graham Smith to the Life, Listened network and congratulate them on the relaunch of The Home Hour!
- Listen to Episode 65 to get to know thew new hosts
- Subscribe in iTunes or on Android devices (and stay tuned for Episode 66 airing this week!)
- Follow @TheHomeHour on Instagram and Facebook
- Send an email to say hello to email@example.com
My tip – Tossware wine glasses! You can find them on Amazon. They look like GoVino, but are way cheaper. You use them and then recycle them. Perfect for parties.
Also, we just moved into a new place and I threw a party 4 weeks in. It forced us to get the basics in order and took the pressure off having a perfect house. No one was surprised to see the random box.
Angela A. says
I only use one wreath a year which is during the Fall. I highly recommend Ashley Nichole Designs for wreaths. Some of her stuff is wild, but come fall and winter it’s a litte more tame. The quality is superior to almost anything I have ever seen in a store. https://ashleynicholedesigns.com/collections
Tragic Sandwich says
Baguette has a spring birthday, so her annual party serves as our spring cleaning motivator. Later, during the summer, we tackle a particular organization project. Last year it was our not-an-office, and for the past year we’ve actually been able to use that room! This year, we’ll do a lot of filing and clear off some tables that collect massive amount of clutter.