Candy. Late bedtimes. Costumes. Halloween is a holiday that can easily throw kids’ schedules and moms’ sanity way off. Today’s episode is full of practical halloween parenting tips, including house rules for costume buying, trick-or-treating, candy consuming, and much more. Plus, Meagan and Sarah reminisce about 2021 Halloween v. today. Enjoy!
- Check out all our episodes and blog posts about Halloween
- Meagan’s essay “Yes, That Might Be My Teen At Your Door on Halloween”
- Most of the House Rules we collected for this episode were comments from 2021 on this post in our Facebook group
- Sarah’s family had fun in 2022 marbling pumpkins with nail polish.
- Did you enjoy this House Rules episode? Here are a few more from the archives:
- House Rules For Summer: Episode 422
- House Rules For Tidying Up: Episode 413
- House Rules For Gifting & Giving: Episode 393
- House Rules For After School: Episode 380
- House Rules for Playdates: Episode 340
- House Rules For Kid Hygiene: Episode 332
- House Rules For Easier Mornings: Episode 328
- House Rules For Kid Birthdays: Episode 323