From when and where popsicles may be eaten to what chores must be done before screen time, summer gives many of us a near-blank slate on which to write some new house rules. Join Meagan and Sarah as we highlight our community’s summer house rules for screens and snacking, water fun and bedtimes, neighborhood play and quiet time. Not much of a “rules mom”? That works, too – and we discuss why! Join us!
- Here’s a link to the Facebook thread where you all provided your House Rules for Summer.
- Shout out to Kendra at The Lazy Genius, whose podcast episode #212 A Guide To Summer House Rules would make a great pairing with this one
- A Just-Structured-Enough Summer Schedule For Kids is a post Sarah wrote almost 10 years ago and is one of our most popular posts!
- Here are a few episodes about summer, routines and fun rituals!
- More from our House Rules Series:
- House Rules For Tidying Up: Episode 413
- House Rules For Gifting & Giving: Episode 393
- House Rules For After School: Episode 380
- House Rules for Playdates: Episode 340
- House Rules For Halloween: Episode 335
- House Rules For Kid Hygiene: Episode 332
- House Rules For Easier Mornings: Episode 328
- House Rules For Kid Birthdays: Episode 323
- House Rules For Travel And Vacation: Episode 319
- House Rules For Sibling Harmony: Episode 314
- Last call for our 2023 Listener Survey!