Those little squares on our phones are portals to a whole lot of essential–and nonessential–aspects of life. From navigation to shopping, social to fitness, mindless to productive, Meagan and Sarah break down the apps on our phones in today’s More Than Mom edition of The Mom Hour. Join us!
New Sponsor: Buffy
Buffy comforters are incredibly soft and feature a hypoallergenic eucalyptus fiber shell with an interior made from recycled plastic bottles transformed into a soft, fluffy filling. Try a comforter in your own home for 30-days, and if you don’t love it, return it free. For $20 off your Buffy comforter, visit Buffy.co and enter THEMOMHOUR.
Sponsor Spotlight: RemindVine
RemindVine is the only app that allows you to set reminders on other people’s phones. Available for iOS and Android, and just $1.99 for a Family Plan, the RemindVine app is a great tool for busy families on the go! Check it out in the App Store or on Google Play.
Sponsor Spotlight: UCI’s Division of Continuing Education
Ready to advance your career? UCI’s Division of Continuing Education offers certificate programs and specialized studies programs in everything from business to IT, healthcare, finance, and Law. Classes are offered on campus or online, and registration is open for spring quarter. Visit ce.uci.edu/podcast to learn more and use promo code PODCAST to save 15% off one course. Exceptions apply; see website for details.
Sponsor Spotlight: FabFitFun
FabFitFun is a seasonal subscription box with full-size beauty, fitness, fashion and lifestyle products. Meagan and Sarah shared their excitement about the Spring box, which is shipping now! Boxes retail for $49.99 but always have a value over $200! Use coupon code THEMOMHOUR for $10 off your first box when you order at www.fabfitfun.com.
Links we mentioned (or should have) in this episode:
- Sarah uses Pocket Casts to listen to podcasts
- We mentioned Voxer a few dozen times (and! fun fact! our sound editor helped us fox the unheard messages glitch!)
- Sarah struggles with Google Keep, but wants to love it; meanwhile, Evernote plugs along as a good-enough note-taking solution
- Sarah likes Accuweather for the radar and maps
- Here’s how we figured out our most-used apps: Settings > Battery > “Last 10 Days” > “Show Activity”
- We talked about our mixed feelings for Waze
- Sarah’s go-to photo editing app is Snapseed, which she learned to use even better after reading Jill Kraus’s eBook Picture Play
- We also talked about the photo of Meagan’s yoga studio that Sarah edited
Help us celebrate Episode 200!
Tell us what you’ve learned from us, or the podcasts, or our amazing guest interviews! Record your voice and email the file to email@example.com, or head to speakpipe.com/themomhour to record your message there. We’ll play as many messages as we can in Episode 200, coming up soon!