Roasts, stews, gourd-shaped baked goods, and soups that pair with a storybook read-aloud–we are leaning in hard this fall to cozy seasonal cooking. Join Meagan and Sarah as we discuss what we’ve been feeding our families lately, what we aspire to make and bake this fall, and how we like to bring the season to our table in both the food and décor departments. Enjoy!
Sponsor Spotlight: Messy
Messy is the all-in-one podcasting solution for businesses, brands, & everyone ready to share their voice. You can record, edit, and publish your show all in one place–this is the start we wish we’d had five years ago! The basic level is FREE, so there’s no reason not to give it a shot. Go to themomhour.com/messy to create a free account and start podcasting today!
Sponsor Spotlight: La Croix
LaCroix® Sparkling Water was developed to give health-conscious consumers refreshment, flavor, and sparkle with an innocent twist of zero calories, zero sweeteners and zero sodium. You already know that Meagan and Sarah are big fans–join us and the whole LaCroix community on social at @LaCroixWater, and for more information and where to buy, visit LaCroixwater.com
Sponsor Spotlight: Care.com
Whether you need childcare while you’re at work or want to line up a date night sitter, Care.com can help you find sitters and nannies, PLUS housekeepers, dog walkers, senior care, tutors, errand runners and more. Save 30% off a premium membership by visiting care.com/momhour.
Sponsor Spotlight: StitchFix
You’ve probably heard of Stitch Fix, but have you tried it yet? We’re blown away by our first boxes and can’t wait for you to see yours. Stitch Fix sends a box with handpicked items based on your style and preferences, and then you can decide what you’d like to keep and what you want to send back. No subscription required. Get started today at stitchfix.com/themomhour and get an extra 25% off when you keep everything in your box!
Links we mentioned (or should have) in Episode 231:
- This episode was inspired by Sarah’s recent interview with the hosts of the Didn’t I Just Feed You podcast, Feeding Your Family Without The Guilt, and a recent episode about feeding families on the The Girl Next Door Podcast
- Meagan’s kids love her pork and sweet potato hash – here’s a step-by-step recipe as written for her young adult son Isaac
- Buy Meagan’s Nordic Ware Wheat & Pumpkin Loaf Pan on Amazon (affiliate link), and see the recipe on MomAdvice.com for Easy Homemade Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread that inspired the purchase!
- Sarah’s favorite chili recipe (originally from America’s Test Kitchen Family Cookbook (affiliate link), modified by The Cake Chica here)
- Sarah’s butternut squash soup with apple, bacon and sage recipe
- Pumpkin Soup, by Helen Thomas (affiliate link)
- Queue It Up! Meagan suggested an episode from last year about Halloween Costumes and Halloween Picture Books (Episode 177)
C Thompson says
Do you have recipe for the brown sugar glazed pork tenderloin? Sounds amazing!
Janet Moore says
Can you share the chicken tikka masala recipe you spoke of, Sarah?
Thanks in advance!