Register for kindergarten, or wait another year? Scrap the distance learning and opt into a homeschool program, or stick it out and hope campus opens in the fall? Stick with what your friends and neighbors are doing, or blaze your own trail when it comes to kids’ education? There is no end to the list of questions parents face when it comes to making school decisions – and many of them crop up around this time of year when applications and registrations come due. In Episode 298 of The Mom Hour, Meagan and Sarah offer seven guiding principles to consider when making any school decision, from preschool through high school. We can’t help you decide or tell you what to do, but today we’re here to validate the struggle and give you our experience. Enjoy!
- We mentioned last week’s episode Advocating For Your Kids During A Crisis
- Our episode Kindergarten Readiness & Parent-Teacher Relationships with Kelly Hiltz pairs well with this conversation
- All our school-related episodes (including those too old to appear in podcast apps!) can be found here
- Sarah referenced our Voices interview episode Kids & Friendships With Dr. Eileen Kennedy-Moore: Voices 18
- Sarah also referenced an episode about School Volunteering That Fits Your Personality
- Check out all our Spotify playlists, including this one that combines more recent conversations about school and schooling